Hardware on the Square, the only place to get lumber in San Augustine County, has a great staff. Joe and Buster will show you tips and tricks to do little jobs around your house. These tips will save you time and money and make you laugh while you learn. So buckle up and enjoy this week’s exciting trip through the weird and wonderful world of DIY projects you can do at home.
In this video, we will show you how we have learned to use a plunger to unclog a clogged toilet. There is a well-kept secret that the professionals use when you pay them to come to your house.
Buster was a plumber for over forty years. He and Joe have used this trick successfully hundreds of times. This is a tried and tested method. Watch the video and enjoy a laugh with us.
How To Unclog A Toilet In 6 Easy Steps!
When you realize that there is a problem, it is not time to panic! You don’t want the toilet to overflow on the floor. You can see the water climbing in the bowl. The fear will cause you to panic just a little bit. Fight the urge to scream and remember what you need to do! Just turn the water off at the valve behind the toilet. Then, follow these simple steps to unclog the pesky problem.
- Lift the seat so you can see the problem and not get a mess on the underside of the seat.
- Put a generous amount of liquid dish soap in the toilet bowl.
- Use a good quality plunger. Make sure it is one that will get a good seal in the bowl.
- Plunge like you mean it! Don’t be timid; you will not break anything.
- When the water starts to go down in the bowl, you can then turn the water back on under the toilet.
- Wait for the tank to fill back up and give the toilet a flush.
What if this did not work?
We are always here for good advice at Hardware On The Square. We are here to help you on this and other projects. If you are having a hard time, you can call us at (936) 275-9474, or come in for a visit. You can see these products that we mention in this post in our store, or we even have a super online store you can visit at HardwareOnTheSquare.com
I hope you visit us and see our great selection of lumber and other hardware items. We also have the best coffee shop in San Augustine as well as the top-rated pizza in town. Come visit us and enjoy the experience of an old-fashioned hardware store in the “Cradle of Texas!”